Unfortunately, no one medication or therapy is usually the answer once chronic pain has set in.This is why we are working together for better pain management!
Deaths due to narcotic abuse are at an all time high. Unfortunately, this trend will not be reversed unless different steps are taken to manage the vast numbers of chronic pain and neuropathy patients in the world who suffer.
We’ve spoken extensively in the past about the two most common forms of pain. Most of us are very familiar with acute pain that is the pain of a cut, bruise, or even childbirth.
Fortunately, acute pain is relatively short-lived, and not imprinted firmly upon our nervous systems.
Chronic pain however has a way of becoming deeply embedded and tripped very easily, setting up deep circuits within the brain and nervous system, which can be difficult to change.
Unfortunately, no one medication or therapy is usually the answer once chronic pain has set in. With narcotics, each successive dose can be less effective than the previous, setting up the pathway for overdose and abuse.
The best alternative is to first jump on any new injury or illness with pain as soon as possible. It is vital with any new condition or injury to reduce pain quickly, and as much as possible with non-drug methods. This is why seeking therapy soon after injury or onset of a condition like shingles or neuropathy–or even headaches and back pain–can produce much better long-term treatment results!
This is also the time to use powerful non-drug treatment methods, including physical therapy modalities such as massage and manual therapy, and various forms of electric neurostimulation–and even laser therapy.
The most important take away from this discussion is to use every non-drug tool available as soon after the onset of injury or illness as possible.
This helps explain why our the NDGen Neurostimulator Kit can be so very powerful in helping avoid drug dependence.
In summary, anything you can learn to do to better manage your neuropathy and chronic pain with non-drug methods, especially early on will lead to a far better long term outcome!
Join the conversation on our Beating Neuropathy Facebook Page!
- Working Towards Better Neuropathy Treatment Strategies There are now available more effective treatment strategies for patients…
- Pain Management Options for the Peripheral Neuropathy Patient If you’re a patient suffering from peripheral neuropathy as…
- Working Towards a Better Neuropathy Treatment The most effective neuropathy treatments are administered by clinicians who…
- Neuropathy and Chronic Pain Morning Game Plan Experience in the clinic for over 30 years tells me…
- Isn’t My Neuropathy Treatment Working? Isn’t my neuropathy treatment working? The bottom line is your…