Turmeric is a spice derived from the roots of the plant Curcurma longa. Curcurma is a flowering plant related to Ginger. It is used in cooking in some cultures and has been used for it’s medicinal properties as well. We have used a combination of Turmeric as a supplement with enzymes both to aid digestion but also as an anti-inflammatory aid in pain and neuropathy patients for some time.
In practice, our usage is empirical meaning if it seems to help and does not cause significant side effects it’s something else that may enhance pain and neuropathy care. And as you’ll read, we also use it as a digestive aid with enzymes.
Turmeric is a major component in curry powder. As you may know, some incredibly fun and healthy foods are made using curry. Just like too much curry can cause belly issues so can too much turmeric.
What Are The Possible Health Effects of Turmeric?
Here is some data from NCCIH
- Claims that curcuminoids found in turmeric help to reduce inflammation aren’t supported by strong studies.
- Preliminary studies found that curcuminoids may
- Reduce the number of heart attacks bypass patients had after surgery
- Control knee pain from osteoarthritis as well as ibuprofen did
- Reduce the skin irritation that often occurs after radiation treatments for breast cancer.
- Other preliminary studies in people have looked at curcumin, a type of curcuminoid, for different cancers, colitis, diabetes, surgical pain, and as an ingredient in mouthwash for reducing plaque.
- The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) has studied curcumin for Alzheimer’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and prostate and colon cancer.
- HERE is another great resource we really like for more information on turmeric curcurmin benefits too. Check it out and I’m sure you’ll agree.
- One final caution. Don’t mix supplements of any kind with drugs as so little is known about potential interactions. As always, be sure your physicians know what for, and why you may be using turmeric, cucurmin or any supplement or diets.
- HERE is the Phyto-Curcurmin we have used for years in pain and neuropathy patients, and also as a digestive aid with great results.
*As frustrating as it may be at times, we encourage you to learn as much about your underlying condition and treatment options as possible.
Even if it’s not 100% clear on what the underlying cause, the good news is proven strategies now exist for effectively treating many forms of #pain & #neuropathy.Join us for more in depth help, #neuropathytreatmentsthatwork and learn lots more about #chronicpain & #neuropathy on our website HERE
*You can also call or text our team 24/7 at 339-793-8591 (international inquiries welcome.) Just BE SURE to leave your full name, time zone and concerns.