One of the things that is perhaps universal amongst patients who suffer from chronic pain and neuropathy is the manifestation of both anxiety and depression.
Unfortunately, neither of these receive the attention they often deserve. What you may not know is that part of the development of anxiety and depression is the result of nervous system reactions. These are very common, and suffered by most neuropathy patients. But seldom are they talked about honestly and openly with family or clinicians. Yes, quite frankly, this is a mistake.
There ARE a couple simple things you can do immediately that will help.
First of all, realize there’s often lots you can control about your health—and some things you can’t. Resign yourself to that fact once and for all. Meditate or pray on this one if need be, as it really helps! It’s one of the great paradoxes of life—however, once accepted as fact, it can make a tremendous difference in your level of mental health and well-being.
And for everything you can change, such as your diet, lifestyle, mental health habits, attitude, et cetera: accept one hundred percent responsibility right now!
Along these lines, there are several other things I suggest to explore. Number one, make sure you have as simple and low stress a lifestyle as you possibly can.
I have seen many patients make extensive progress on the road back to health by simply practicing everything we’ve said in the last three paragraphs.
I have written extensively about designating enough “Me” time. It’s a mistake to neglect yourself above others—and this includes parents, relatives, and children.
Number two: with severe depression including thoughts of suicide, you need professional guidance immediately!
Ask for help, and make sure you get it. Today!
Where these are unavailable, a trusted friend, clergy member, or advisor may be the next best thing.
Above all, recognize you are not alone.
I’m firmly convinced that part of this is simply sensitization of the nervous system to all the changes that peripheral neuropathy and chronic pain can bring.
This is also why I am convinced EVERY neuropathy and chronic pain patient should own a home self-treatment kit.
You find much more about this as well as our books and other self-help products here at https://neuropathydr.com!
Join the conversation on Facebook!
- “I’ve been sick for years, what can I really expect with good Neuropathy Treatment?” Regardless of what caused your peripheral neuropathy and chronic pain,…
- Good Neuropathy Treatment is a Project! You see there is no one-size-fits-all treatment program for neuropathy….
- If this Neuropathy Treatment is so GOOD then Why doesn’t MY Doctor know about it? We now know that many patients who combine drug therapy…
- Good Neuropathy Treatment Has Many Pieces Choose your neuropathy treatment and your neuropathy professionals carefully! They…
- Good Neuropathy Treatment and Your Mobility Light activity as part of good neuropathy treatment often cuts…