Regardless of what caused your neuropathy, the bottom line is that good treatment has several things in common.
Unfortunately, you’re not alone.
This has become a huge problem in our society. It is estimated that over 100 million Americans suffer from some form of chronic pain.
And of this 100 million, approximately one fourth are patients, perhaps like yourself, who suffer from some form of peripheral neuropathy.
A significant number of these are secondary to conditions like diabetes, which can be lifestyle-related.
Regardless of what caused your neuropathy, the bottom line is that good treatment has several things in common:
One of the most important things to understand is that early active intervention in illness, pain or neuropathy-producing conditions is critical.
But this is something we are not really good at!
Unfortunately, patients—and, yes, even their doctors—tend to blow off mild early symptoms rather than aggressively treating what may be happening underneath to cause a patients symptoms like tingling, numbness, burning, loss of sleep, and so on.
This results in serious consequences. The longer a disease progresses, or the longer the after effects of an injury linger, the more difficult and expensive it comes to treat.
Pain specialists have known for years that the single best way to prevent chronic pain is to address acute illnesses or injuries effectively.
We also know that when this is not possible, proactive treatment programs emphasizing physical rehabilitation, diligent home care, and recovery are far more effective than drug-only therapy.
Like it or not, you can’t depend upon anybody doing this for you!
Those patients who do the best are those who seek out the best available neuropathy care and implement it into their daily lifestyle.
Remember, we are here to help you.
But it’s up to you to reach out and grab everything you can.
Join the conversation over on our Facebook page!
- Neuropathy and Chronic Pain Morning Game Plan Experience in the clinic for over 30 years tells me…
- Alcohol, Neuropathy and Chronic Pain One of the most serious—but rarely discussed—conditions resulting from extended…
- Working Together For Better Pain Management Unfortunately, no one medication or therapy is usually the answer…
- Neuropathy and Chronic Pain – The Causes: Trauma and Diabetes Trauma: Actual trauma is one of the major causes of…
- Isn’t There More I Can Do for Neuropathy Pain? The good news is for many neuropathy patients there are…